How To Inspire Others In 2 Simple Steps
#1: Check out this beautiful video of Will Smith
(The audio is out of time but if you close your eyes and just listen, it can’t bother you)
#2: Take one piece of advice and use it in your life
You’re never going to see just how incredible you are, and no-one is going to be inspired by you if you just keep doing the same thing over and over again.
You have to make a change.
To help you make this change, I have a challenge for you.
Take one piece of advice from this video and incorporate it into your life for 1 week.
Just one piece of advice and just for one week..
Here’s a list of the ones I picked out of the video:
- Stop focussing on where you are, focus on where you want to be
- Stop worrying about talent and start cultivating your skill. Become better, every single day – “Die on a treadmill”
- Stop trying to build a wall and just focus on laying one brick as perfectly as you can.
- Make a difference to someone’s life
- Dedicate yourself to representing a possibility
- Get rid of your plan B and commit to plan A
- Be unrealistic. Being realistic is the most commonly travelled road to mediocrity.
- Decide who you’re going to be and how you’re going to live your life, then accept nothing less
- Pick one thing and focus on it relentlessly. Let go of everything that’s not getting you where you want to be and dedicate yourself to the one thing you NEED to work on, right now.
- Attack your fears
- Stop telling yourself “You can’t do something…” and start asking yourself “What do I need to do to be able to do this?”
You can’t inspire others through talk. You can’t inspire others through thought.
Inspiration happens through action.
When you take on your challenges…
When you decide that the average way isn’t good enough for you…
When you decide that “That’s the way we’ve always done it” isn’t satisfactory anymore…
…and you decide to do something differently, that’s when you’ll inspire others.
So, what are you going to take on board? How are you going to change your life?
What are you going to do to be that shining light that inspires others to take control of their life?